Rugged enough for the hills, good looking enough for the city.
A simple, hardwearing and refined design, our roll-top rucksack is the perfect companion for the daily commute (& life), roomy enough to fit a 17" laptop and A4 papers, but sturdy enough for adventuring on the hills. The roll-top closure has an adjustable leather strap providing extra space when needed, and a padded and quilted back panel for comfort and protection. Made from our characterful oak-bark tanned leather, the wide shoulder straps distribute the weight of the rucksack evenly and will become more flexible over time, moulding to your shape as the rucksack is used.
We originally designed and made this rucksack using vintage army tent canvas (you can see the army tent version here).The core design and aesthetic remain, but we've re-produced it in our heavyweight waxed canvas and oak bark tanned leather. It's a bag made for using and will wear in handsomely over time.
Features and construction:
• Adjustable leather shoulder straps and a carry handle
• Main compartment (will take a 17" laptop)
• Two internal pockets for wallet, phone and other small items
• Two external pockets (sized to hold an OS map)
• Quilted back panel padded with closed cell foam for comfort and protection
• Heavy weight 22oz waxed canvas
• Devon oak bark tanned bridle leather
• Solid brass buckles
• Hand hammered solid copper rivets
• Height rolled - 44cm / 17" Height unrolled - 59cm / 23"
• Width bottom - 26cm / 10" Width top - 37cm / 14.5"
• Depth - 10.5cm / 4"
Available in three colours: tobacco brown, teal and slate waxed canvas.
+ Made to order, estimated dispatch: 2 to 3 weeks.